Reckless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message for all current/future raiders

3 posters

Go down

Message for all current/future raiders Empty Message for all current/future raiders

Post  Masta_Shaad Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to talk about how were going to raids in the upcoming weeks.

The reason behind this post first of all is because I feel like we've been leaving out potential core raiders due to current guild size (More than enough for 10mans/less than enough for 20s).

So I wanted to get a setup for this so we avoid people leaving the guild because they don't get raid time. Due to the last patch, there is now 2 10 man raids. So I thought we could get a group running one 10 man while the other runs the other 10 man.

The way I wanted to do this is have all of my current core raiders (the ones who die the least and put out most DPS/HPS) in one raid, and the rest of the other raiders in the 2nd group. Core raiders that have time to spare can help fill slots in the 2nd group if needed because both groups will be doing separate raids. If the main group doesn't have to fill slots due to alliance members helping out, then both groups would be able to do both raids a week.

If the main group does have to fill slots in the 2nd raid, then I was thinking we could keep rotating people from group 1 into group 2. Then (for progression purposes and for more gear) we could rotate the groups, so one week group 1 will be on GP and group 2 will be on the other 10 man. Then the next week it flips around and continues like that until we can get more raiders.

- Please let me know if this sounds like a good idea, then I'll start forming the groups so they can work out times for the raid. If group 1 does have to fill for group 2, then I can lead both raids. If group 1 doesn't then I will have to assign a leader to group 2.

Masta_Shaad
Admin

https://recklessrift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Message for all current/future raiders Empty Re: Message for all current/future raiders

Post  Squally Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Why have two 10 mans going when we could have a 20 man going?

What are our core raiding days? Wednesday and Friday? If so, how about 10 mans on Wednesday and 20+ mans on Friday? That way we can have two ten mans going on Wednesday and come together for a 20 man like GSB on Friday.

Just IMO here but we shouldn't be having last minute raids either. Nor should people be showing up 30 minutes late to a raid. I understand if someone says ahead of time that they'll be late. But we shouldn't sit around and wait 30 minutes, often closer to an hour, holding up everyone else because one person cant' make it to their raid time. If more then 15 minutes go by and they haven't shown up or haven't told shad or a guild officer that they'll be late then they loose their spot and we fill it with someone else. IDK about everyone else but I enjoy raiding but get burnt out on it real quick if we're constantly waiting around for an hour before starting raids.

Squally

Back to top Go down

Message for all current/future raiders Empty Re: Message for all current/future raiders

Post  Masta_Shaad Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:08 pm

The 20 man wasn't brought up because we could still do it while running 10 mans different days of the week. That way if we have 2 raids of 10 people running GP or the new 10 man over the course of 6 days, while on the 7th we get together and do GSB, we would get gear out faster and be able to progress further. *(NOTE!! We both groups will not be raiding everyday of the week, just an example, I think we could run 10 mans 2 days a week and GSB 1ce, mb 2ce)*

Also I agree about the waiting thing, but half the time I've told you who will be late and we wait. As for filling, when we have to we do but if we don't have a guildy on who can fill the slot needed, do we pug? Idk, there are days we wait to long, but you made it sound like we wait forever every day for people who didnt give us a heads up. But other than that, I agree with people holding up the raid.

NEED MOAR RESPONSES!

Masta_Shaad
Admin

https://recklessrift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Squally Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Masta_Shaad wrote:The 20 man wasn't brought up because we could still do it while running 10 mans different days of the week. That way if we have 2 raids of 10 people running GP or the new 10 man over the course of 6 days, while on the 7th we get together and do GSB, we would get gear out faster and be able to progress further. *(NOTE!! We both groups will not be raiding everyday of the week, just an example, I think we could run 10 mans 2 days a week and GSB 1ce, mb 2ce)*

Also I agree about the waiting thing, but half the time I've told you who will be late and we wait. As for filling, when we have to we do but if we don't have a guildy on who can fill the slot needed, do we pug? Idk, there are days we wait to long, but you made it sound like we wait forever every day for people who didnt give us a heads up. But other than that, I agree with people holding up the raid.

NEED MOAR RESPONSES!

Yet we're waiting right now and it's been 30 minutes already lol!

Squally

Back to top Go down

Post  Skateus Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Yeah i still think its a little early to worry about trying to get 2 raid groups when we have trouble filling 1 sometimes. However i do think its a good idea to keep recruiting and if some of these newer guys want to raid, we can set them up in a few days and we have a new 10 man to help gear them with. All of the usualy raiders can't manage to get on all together normally so if we can get 2, 3, or 4 newer raiders in that would be good. Worked out good the other day also with some of the guild Mages.

Skateus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down